We are pleased to sponsor this upcoming Psychodrama Training in Richmond, August 12, 2022. Gain hands-on experience applying the methods of psychodrama, sociometry and group … [Read More...] about Psychodrama Training
Specializing in the gentle,
respectful model of intervention
for substance use disorders.
William J. Maher, CIP, CADC, ACI
Member of the National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC)
and former Vice President of the Association of Intervention Specialists (AIS).
One Family’s Story
Want to know what an intervention is like? Read this true story of one family’s experience successfully and respectfully conducting an intervention on their alcoholic daughter with the help of Bill Maher, Interventionist. Learn More …
- From a family member—“Throughout the counseling sessions and subsequent intervention, Bill Maher displayed a shrewd ability to get to the truth with compassion, professionalism, and humor.” —O. Cockrell, Heatheville, Virginia
- From a family member—"Bill Maher worked with us, coached us and true to his word, loaded us with information to educate ourselves on alcoholism and how this disease is affecting our family. Our lives are more manageable now and this would not have been possible without Bill's services. Based on what he has done for my family, I would highly recommend him to anyone needing his intervention services."
—A. Spooner, Glen Allen, Virginia
- From a family member—“If you are reading this letter, you have already taken a positive step in addressing the problem of addiction by considering Bill Maher, Interventionist. Bill Maher was our coach, our educator, our ear, our facilitator, our motivator. When family members got discouraged, bewildered or distraught, Bill quickly identified the situation and stepped in to diffuse the problems.”
—A. Maliff, Family member involved in an intervention
- From an Addiction Professional—“Bill Maher has been an innovator in the field of intervention, developing new and increasingly effective approaches to the intervention process. In addition, he is highly skilled in working with a wide array of clients and their families from all walks of life.” —James M Tracy, DDS, Former Vice President, Professional Recovery Program, The Betty Ford Center
- From a Mental Health Professional—“Bill Maher earned my respect for his impressive working knowledge of alcoholism and other forms of drug addiction. He is quickly able to establish trust and rapport in working with individuals who have great difficulty trusting others.” —Michael L. Fisher, LCSW, BCD; Former Supervisor of Social Work, Marshall I. Pickens Hospital, Greenville, SC
The good news is that substance use disorders are treatable for you, your family, and the loved one who is suffering from addiction. You don’t have to go on living your life controlled by it.
Whether you call, e-mail or write, all information is held in strict confidentiality and will not be misused or replicated in any way.